The newest version of CADfeature addresses long-sought industry goals of perfecting & speeding the creation of master CAD models
Elysium's CADfeature 11.3 deploys new browser-based automation for enterprise data translation and quality assurance
Elysium Inc., a leading global provider of data translation software, has announced the release of CADfeature 11.3, their new browser-enhanced, feature-based program for repairing, migrating and reporting on product engineering data that is exchanged within manufacturing organizations and their supply chains. The newest version of CADfeature addresses long-sought industry goals of perfecting and speeding the creation of master CAD models used to build products ranging from appliances to medical devices, automobiles, aircraft, and more.
“During the last two years, Elysium has migrated tens of millions of 2D drawings and 3D models on behalf of major manufacturers worldwide,” said Ken Tashiro, president of Elysium. “Our latest version of CADfeature draws on lessons from these engagements to better provide not only high-definition translation of 2D/3D content but, just as importantly, a quick and highly accessible way to analyze the status and quality of modeling data. Elysium's 3D Reports Model, or 'dashboard,' allows manufacturers to drill down and view assemblies, parts, details of sketches and features—the very recipes of 3D model creation—for their collaboration needs.
“Elysium continues to invest in end-user requirements to meet the challenges of integrating CAD intellectual property with partners and suppliers alike. This effort helps our customers achieve accurate representations of their product assets, improving lifecycle management and carrying through to greater customer satisfaction and increased revenue for them,” said Tashiro.
Functions and enhancements in CADfeature 11.3 include:
· A more streamlined process now facilitates CAD/CAM/CAE/PLM translation. The new software offers added support for the post-translation/re-mastering processes to finish data to a level at or nearing 100% completion, when compared to the original source model.
· New reporting and guided post-translation functions provide greater confidence that any areas that cannot be perfectly translated due to variance between CAD systems and different modeling kernels are clearly communicated—quickly giving its audience the right information to make final decisions regarding development of the master model.
· Quality Assurance (QA) checks on translations and re-mastering is done automatically. The methodology for communicating QA information (a robust report with image icons of the models, and connectivity to CADdoctor for comparison and healing models) has been improved for easier project management.
· The HTML-based document style allows users to open reports from their basic internet browser. They can then immediately rotate, pan, and zoom on parts and assemblies and see the associated images and underlying CAD data. This reveals and provides:
Feature success rates by component:
· Excellent for QA, as it clearly identifies those components that require the most re-work.
Feature type success rates:
· Great predictor of where development should be focused to garner the largest return on investment (ROI).
B-rep healing directly from CADfeature Viewer:
· Fewer steps to heal a flawed digital model; makes the re-mastering effort more compact and efficient.
CADdoctor's Geometry Verification Test (GVT) results now available from within CADfeature:
· Provides for a more detailed means of comparison between translated models.
· Streamlines the review process when detailed GVT is critical.
PDF results report
· Adobe Acrobat Reader is a universal tool that widens organizational visibility into CAD product data for engineering, management, marketing and procurement teams, among other stakeholders.
· PDF reports are more static, which is important for Quality reports. The HTML-format is easily edited and customized.
“We're proud to offer the new level of capability in CADfeature 11.3 to our long-standing customers and manufacturers as a whole,” said Abdul Shammaa, Chief Technology Officer of Elysium Inc., who has led the development of CADfeature from its concept. “The new software is based upon research relationships with our closest customers, and it's really rewarding to support them with a superior toolset that will improve daily operations and help their future success.”
Press release issued by Elysium Inc. on March 4, 2014
| Contact details from our directory:
| Related directory sectors: