Mr. Weiss, IAI's president and CEO, near the new "Super Heron", today at the Singapore Airshow
Israel Aerospace Industries reveals its Super Heron - heavy fuel Unmanned Aerial System
Israel Aerospace Industries today revealed its new Super Heron heavy fuel Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) during a special ceremony held at the IAI chalet at the Singapore Air Show.
Mr. Joseph Weiss, IAI's president and CEO said: "We are proud to introduce the new generation of IAI's leading UAS. Based on IAI's world-renowned Heron UAS, the Super Heron introduces the latest technology and re-defines Medium-Altitude Long-Endurance (MALE) UAS."
Developed by IAI to meet growing interest among leading customers, the Super Heron features a heavy fuel 200 horsepower engine and an advanced propulsion system, which significantly enhances the UAS's capacity, rate of climb, and performance. Super Heron's air speed exceeds one hundred and fifty KTAS (knots true airspeed(.
Super Heron's advanced avionics, triple redundancy and advanced computerized systems enhance its growth potential. Enhanced processing capabilities, increased electrical power, and standard interface architecture, allow for the simple integration of new payloads. The system consists of multiple proven operational configurations for intelligence, surveillance, target acquisition & reconnaissance missions, maritime patrol and other missions. Multi-sensor capabilities, state-of-the-art communications and proven airspace integration are among its leading features.
IAI's Heron is considered to be the world's leading multimission multi-payload UAS. It is in operational use with the Israel Air Force and with another twenty users worldwide, and has proven its unique and reliable capabilities in key areas around the globe. IAI's various UAS have accumulated over 1.1 million operational flight hours around the world, while the Heron family has accumulated 250,000 operational flight hours worldwide.
Super Heron Heavy Fuel – Figures and Information
• Mission radius: line of site 250 km, beyond line of site –
1000 km (SATCOM)
• Endurance: 45 hours
• Flight ceiling: 30,000 feet
• Loiter speed: 60-80 KTAS
• Maximum speed: in excess of 150 KTAS
• Maximum takeoff weight: 1,450 kg
• Payload weight: up to 450 kg
• Wingspan: 17 m
Main features and capabilities
• Advanced propulsion system – Heavy fuel engine configuration, fuel injection – 200 hp
• Multiple proven operational configurations for intelligence, surveillance, target acquisition and reconnaissance, maritime patrol and other missions.
• Multi-sensor capabilities
• Proven safe dual automatic takeoff and landing system
• State-of-the-art avionics and communications and proven airspace integration
Press release issued by Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. on February 11, 2014
| Contact details from our directory:
| Related aircraft programs: