Log in to use our free company, program and sector update tracker feature.
 

Front page

Bombardier to invest $22 million into two major aerospace research projects in Quebec

Bombardier announced that it will invest a total of approximately $22 million CAD over a three-year period into two major aerospace research projects: Aero21 and the third phase of the SA2GE project. Both projects will bring together large aerospace companies, SMEs, as well as local universities and research centres.

"Through this strong alliance between industry, government and researcher partners, we are proud to not only push the limits of technology and build greener, more efficient aircraft, but to also increase the competitiveness of the Quebec aerospace industry," said Francois Caza, Chief Technology Officer, Bombardier Inc.

Aero21 aims to facilitate the implementation of 21st century technologies in the Quebec aerospace sector and is expected to generate $65 million CAD of investments over three years. 24 companies will be providing 75% of the funds for Aero21, including $18.75 million CAD from Bombardier, and the Government of Quebec will be investing the remaining 25%. Bombardier's participation will focus on expanding the use of computerized models to test various aircraft systems and components from the design phase through certification, in an effort to bring new aerospace products to market at a faster pace and reduce development costs.

SA2GE (Smart Affordable Green Efficient) was first launched in 2010 and is dedicated to developing smarter, more efficient and effective technologies, while reducing the environmental footprint of the aerospace industry. Four subprojects were selected for the third phase of SA2GE, including one called AILE (Aile intelligente et legere pour l'environnement), which was proposed by Bombardier along with four other industry partners. The focus of this subproject is to develop multifunctional wings for business and commercial aircraft that will optimize aerodynamics and weight to reduce cost and fuel consumption. Bombardier plans to invest $3.6 million CAD in AILE, which will be matched by the Government of Quebec.

With these investments, Bombardier reaffirms its leadership in the development of innovative aerospace technologies. The company was recognized as Canada's top R&D investor by Research Infosource for investing approximately $12 billion CAD over the past six years.

Press release issued by Bombardier Inc. on February 22, 2019

 

 Contact details from our directory:
Bombardier Inc. Airframer

Enhanced listings:


W.L. Gore & Associates
High performance sealants, surface protection materials, microwave/RF assemblies, high speed data connections, and aircraft connectivity solutions.

Highland Composites
Full-service provider of composite structures: state-of-the-art braiding technology, world-class expertise, suite of complementary processes

Sigma ASL Limited
Engineering and manufacturing company with in-house and outsourced operations, AS9100 accredited and fully NADCAP compliant.

Alarin Aircraft Hinge, Inc.
A full-service manufacturer and supplier of high-quality engineered metal hinges for the worldwide aerospace industry.

Indestructible Paint Ltd
A developer and manufacturer of specialist, technology coatings to support the lifetime of aviation, defence and general industry.

See our advertising tariff.

 

X
Monthly page limit exceeded. Please buy a subscription.

© Airframer Limited, operated under licence by Stansted News Limited 2019. Terms & Conditions of reading. Privacy policy