TWI has commissioned an Isojet Equipements DPE Indus RTM resin injection system from Intelicare.
The system, an Isojet DPE, can provide RTM for both mono and bi-component resins, although it is currently supplied as a mono component with bi-component functionality due to be added at a later date.
The machine has a variety of features, including:
- 10" touchscreen display for quick visualisation and easy navigation
- High precision metering gear pumps for accurate dispensing
- Mixing head with both automatic and manual dispensing
- Heating of the resin pump and dispensing hoses
- Pressurised stainless-steel heated resin tank with stirring capability, safety valve, manometer and pressure regulator
- De-gassing with an integrated vacuum pump.
The equipment will be used to increase TWI's composite manufacturing capabilities and will be available for R&D single client projects, internal core research projects and public funded projects.
As well as assisting in new developments in materials, joining methods and processes, it will be used to develop process monitoring systems for high quality component manufacturing.
Dr Jasmin Stein, Senior Project Leader in TWI's Adhesives, Composites and Sealants section said, "The equipment has been commissioned, training undertaken and we have produced our first composite test piece. We are very impressed with the results and look forward to using it on a number of high-profile composites development projects with our Members. We also envisage this capability attracting new industrial partners for composites related development projects."
|Contact details from our directory:|
|TWI Ltd||Non-Destructive Testing, Technical/Eng/Scientific Studies, Metallurgical Testing, Training, Failure Investigation, Friction Stir Welding, Composite Design Consultants|
|Related directory sectors:|